"My husband and I are "foodies", and are quite picky about our meals; add to that my gluten and dairy allergies and you have what could be a chef's worst nightmare. Mo faced the challenge with ease and smiles. Mo's culinary creations combined simplicity with a creative flair and she achieved hearty meals that satisfied our advanced palates. I was particularly impressed with her sensitivity and awareness to my gluten and dairy allergies. She created meals for me that did not sacrifice any of the quality or taste that the regular menu offered. Mo is a talented chef and I would travel back to Canada for her meals as much as for the fantastic skiing in British Columbia.... we are still talking about her ribs - YUM!"
Mo has fuelled most of the ski touring guests I have guided over the last few years. We have always enjoyed her cooking and always found ourselves fully satisfied, literally, at the end of each meal. Not only is she very capable at keeping people well fed, she does it with extreme efficiency and a smile on her face, with never a stressful moment in or near the kitchen. Plus, she can ski!
Whether you are staying at a deluxe backcountry lodge, a simple alpine hut, or roughing it in tents, Mo’s Mountain Cuisine has you covered. Mo’s cooking is perfect for those big alpine days, or casual day hikes. There is nothing quite like coming home to a warm bowl of soup and a hearty meal. Mo’s Mountain Cuisine provides breakfast, lunch, appetizers, dinner, and dessert, as well as snacks. Dietary restrictions? No problem. Mo has worked with many celiacs, vegans, and vegetarians to provided delicious quality meals.
Choose from the following two options:
- Fully Catered Option – includes all your meals and a personal trip cook.
- Self Catered Option – A flexible option that includes a full menu, cooking instruction, and food. You decide how much you want to cook yourself, and how much you want Mo’s to prepare for you.
Additional charges apply for dietary restrictions.
Food on the Go
Mo’s Mountain Cuisine’s dehydrated meals are perfect for backpacking, camping, ski touring, and any other outdoor pursuits. Mo’s creations are healthy, hearty, and most importantly delicious. Portion sizes are just right, and preparing the meals in the field is easy. Mo’s Mountain Cuisine also caters to full expeditions. So whether you are going out for one night or a whole month, you can rest assure that you will start and end your day with a great meal. Contact us for pricing and details.
Basic trip food:
- Full Day Meals include – Breakfast, Lunch, Soup, Dinner & Dessert
- Individual servings of meals are available (Breakfast, Dinners)
- Vegetarian options available
- Additional charge for dietary restrictions.
Please contact us for breakfast options and ideas!
All Breakfasts can be modified for individual dietary restrictions.
All dinners can be easily modified for individual dietary restrictions
- Hearty Spaghetti with Pasta
- Chili with Mashed Yams
- Chicken Curry with Rice
- Chicken Cacciatore with Pasta
Frequently Asked Questions
- If there are any dietary restrictions in your group (i.e. lactose intolerant or gluten free) there is an additional charge of $50.00 for each person who has a dietary concern.
- A deposit of $1,000.00 is required a the time of confirming your trip for the fully catered and self catered trips, the balance is due two weeks before your trip starts.
- All our prices are in Canadian dollars.
- If you are interested in a fully catered trip that includes a chef; please take into consideration that you will have to pay for the chefs’ transfer in and out of the lodge and ensure there is room enough to accommodate them. Generally they will stay in staff accommodation, just check with the lodge that you are going to.
- Do we need to bring our own lunch the first day?
- Yes! Due to the unpredictable nature of weather you never know when you will get in to the lodge… sometimes it is late in the day.
Please contact either Bacchus Books & Cafe email@example.com (250-344-5600) or Bluebird Cafe (250-439-0008) and they can put together a bagged lunch for you!
- Do we need to take care of the garbage and recycling coming out of the lodge?
- Yes! Most lodges will take care of this for you (GAH, Sorcerer, Amiskwi), however if you are going to Fairy Meadows you are responsible for this. MMC can take care of this for you for an additional charge of $40.00.
- In an effort to help reduce the waste that we create, we ask that people bring along a lunch bag and reusable sandwich & snack bags.
- 1122 Restaurant
- Alpine Club of Canada
- Bacchus Cafe (250-272-2076 firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Backcountry Lodges of British Columbia Association
- Bluebird Cafe
- Canadian Avalanche Association
- Canadian Rockies Alpine Guides (CRAG) – Guided climbing trips & courses in the Canadian Rockies
- Dreamcatcher Hostel
- Environment Canada Weather Office
- Jitas Cafe – 250-344-3660
- Jody Goodwin ~ Photographer
- Kicking Horse Country Chamber of Commerce
- Kicking Horse Mountain Resort
- Mountain Equipment Co-Op
- Parks Canada
- Roger’s Pass Winter Permit System
- Tourism British Columbia
- Travel Alberta
- Whitetooth Bistro
- Whitetooth Brewery